Saturday, October 16, 2010

What's Wrong With Me?

"I think of myself as a wannabe bookworm. I love to read, but my attention span doesn't typically allow for the admirable book-a-week pace I would love to achieve."

Too true, Chelsea. Too true.

Recently I started reading two more books. Which pushes my list up to five;

The Lightning Thief
City of Bones
Mockingjay
The two new ones...
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The Cabinet of Curiosities by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

I just can't help it. I have this unstoppable disorder where I start reading a dozen books at once and then end up finishing none of them. I wish it was the summer again where I can have all the free time I want to just read nonstop. But sadly, weekends are only so long, and school keeps me busy.

I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife now, but something tells me I should read The Cabinet of Curiosities first because it actually has a due date since it's from the public library.

Lately I've also been getting this strange urge to read the first book in the House of Night series again, Marked. I remember the good old days when I was first reading the books and I couldn't put them down. Perhaps I should get the next book, Burned, just for kicks and giggles. The eighth book, Awakened, comes out in January of next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment